Well, this isn’t my Grandma’s chocolate chip cookie recipe BUT anytime I make something with molasses, it definitely reminds me of her and takes me right back to the late 80’s!
I worked on perfecting this recipe by probably making 8-10 batches–every time SOMETHING just wasn’t right. Until last night. I tweaked ONE ingredient and BOOM, the magic was there!
So please follow along and feel free to drop a message with any questions, comments or concerns!
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (softened not melted)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of chocolate chips ( I prefer semi-sweet)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together (using a stand mixer or hand mixer) the butter, sugar and vanilla for roughly 3 minutes on high speed.
- Add in the molasses.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl SIFT together the dry ingredients and then add them to the wet ingredients on low speed about 1/2 a cup at a time. Mix until combined but do not over mix the dough.
- Using a spoon, stir in 1 3/4 cups of the chocolate chips; reserve 1/4 for garnishing the tops of the cookies before you bake them.
- Chill the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour so that they don’t spread when you bake them.
- After you’ve chilled the dough, use a 1 ounce scoop to make equal size dough balls. Do not overcrowd the cookie sheet.
- Just before you bake the cookies, using the reserved 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, places 3-5 chips on the top of every dough ball. This will ensure that when the cookies bake, they’ll have that PERFECT look!
- Bake the cookies for 9.5 minutes.
- Let them rest on the cookie sheet for at least 10 minutes before you remove them and allow them to finish cooling on a cookie rack.
- Store in an airtight container once the cookies have completely cooled and ENJOY! They won’t last long!
PRO TIP:BAKE A TESTER COOKIE (or two) SO YOU CAN DETERMINE THE PROPER COOKING TIME FOR YOUR OVEN.
Products I love:
As always, follow me on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipes and treats!