I took my oh-so-delicious banana bread recipe and turned it into a yummy chocolate treat. This is a must-try recipe!
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 large or 3 medium eggs
- 1 table spoon vanilla
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa power
- 1 cup chocolate chips (either milk or dark chocolate)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan. You can even use parchment paper to line your loaf pan for extra help when removing it, but it’s not a necessary step.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, cream together the sugars and the butter until fluffy. Once incorporated, add in the eggs (one at a time), the vanilla and the bananas.
- In a separate bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients but DO NOT OVER MIX THE BATTER—just mix until combined. If you are using a stand mixer, mix it on LOW speed and if you had a been using a hand mixer, I suggest just using a spoon instead–it’ll be a thick batter.
- Add in your chocolate chips and mix the batter by hand. Reserve 1/4 cup to sprinkle on the very top of the batter.
- Put the banana bread batter into your greased loaf pan and bake it for 50-60 minutes OR until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean and when you jiggle the bread, the bread isn’t loose in the middle.
- Let the bread cool COMPLETELY before you cut into and make sure you use a VERY SHARP bread knife when you do. I listed my allllllll time favorite bread knife below; it’s so sharp, it’ll cut through anything!
- And if you’re looking for a basic but AMAZING banana bread without all the chocolate, check out my other recipe: